View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Possible answer to the cents / hand & bonus@pp VIP issue

I just got my phone-call right now (she tried calling a couple days ago but I didn't have my phone on me).

I was still half-asleep when the phone-rang but knew it might be Party and I didn't want to miss it (evidently party doesn't believe in voice-mails).

My offer was a bit less than most....but I have been playing some at Party this whole time.
Anyway, it's only for October and she said she would call me back on Nov 1.

My offer was just $700 for 18k raked-hands in Oct.
In my scrambled-brain state I was trying to not sound ungrateful AND confirm that it sounded like less than $0.03/hand off the top of my head and she confirmed that this was correct.
She asked what I had hoped for and I mentioned that I had read that others are getting 5 or 6 cents per hand...and that less than 3-cents per hand is less than what I can make on some other sites.
but she wasn't changing it for me (not this month anyway).

She also confirmed that it was flexible regarding whether I went over or under the goal. But this wasn't really what she meant....I think she meant that I would get the same ration per hand pretty much.

Finally, I learned that I had played almost 8k hands in October so far AND that the hands that I had already played go towards this goal.
I was misunderstanding this part initially.

This basically means that she was offering me some more cash-back on the hands that I had ALREADY played and I was essentially telling her to give me more.
I apologized and said that I didn't realize she was also including hands I had already played.

I said, "well, that's fine...lets go with this goal now and I look forward to talking with you again on Nov 1."

Also - I'm travelling for the final week of October so won't be getting in too much more play anyway.

I'm hoping that I can convince them that I can play even more at Party if they make it worth my while.

I'm satisfied that the ball is officially rolling and that they are coming up with something for higher volume players.