View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: What would you like to see at a new online poker site

While growth may be slowing, I don't think it's too late. There are plenty of high school and college kids that are watching poker on TV and playing little home games that will be ready to start playing online. In my small subdivision of 30 homes, I know of at least 5 high school kids that have said they can't wait until they can play online.

And don't forget, there is the population of current players now that can be enticed to come to a new site. You just have to give them a reason to switch.

You just need to hook them. Hook them by coming up with a fun, catchy name for your site (see: Party Poker). Fishy players are interested in playing at a site that they perceive as a FUN place to play (see: Party Poker). Also, offer some easily cleared initial deposit bonuses. Fishy players like "free" money. Once you get the fish, the non-fish will come.

Aggressively market the site and that marketing MUST include TV advertisements. Internet and print ads can only go so far. It's no coincidence that Party exploded in growth after they saturated the airwaves with TV commercials on WPT broadcasts.

It also would be good if you could find some top-notch affiliates. People who are go-getters like Jeremy of Partyriches would be a huge asset.

I don't think it's hard to do, it just requires the capital to aggressively market.