View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Gigabet hand in WPT event.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why everyone stops thinking at top two in blind v blind hand. Yes, that is a monster under normal circumstances, but you don't normally see Dan Harrington willing to stick in all his chips on an unraised blind v blind hand where the players started off with 100BB. Think about that: Unraised pot, deep stacks, blind v. blind and a very tight aggressive cautious experienced player is acting like he will commit his stack here. If it's a bluff, it's pretty damn slick and you have to give it up to him, if it is not, you just need to be sure of the range of hands he does this with and the frequencies he takes this line with the specific hands he will take this line with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have made a bad fold, I may have made a brilliant laydown. Who knows, Dan didn't tell me, and even if he did, I am not sure I would believe him. There is one certainty about the situation though, I feel 100% comfortable at this moment, with the laydown. To this minute, I am still happy with my decision not to put my stack at risk in that spot. One thing I am very good at, is trusting my instinct 100% of the time, no matter how extreme the decision may be, on either end of the spectrum.

Before anyone talks about what a terrible fold this is, change that thought into "wow, I cannot believe that Dan Harrington played the hand so well, unreal how he made Gigabet laydown top two pair when it is obvious he should call." That line of thinking is much better than dwelling on the "supposed" mistake aspect of the hand. Poker is about making your opponent make a mistake, so if you think I made a bad fold, analyze the part of the hand that caused me to make a mistake. That will improve your results much quicker than just recognizing a mistake, and then trying to avoid making that same or similar mistake. The more often you can make your opponent make a mistake, the less often you will be in a position to make one.