View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Gigabet hand in WPT event.

[ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think calling the flop raise and betting the turn looks very very weak. It looks like you are betting so that you can fold to a raise with a hand like QJ or KJ. I don't think there is any way that I'm laying this hand down. In fact, I'd like to get all my chips in if I can, though I don't think Dan will comply b/c I think he doesn't have a strong enough hand to get all of his stack in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that you have real experience in WC live events, and understand the difference between the play in those events, and the play online, or even in smaller tournaments. I really believe that you would have layed this hand down in this spot. You are right when you say that this is generally weak looking bet, but that is when the line goes check call on the flop. A lead on the turn after a lead checkraise call on the flop is generally a hand that never folds. Dan knows that, which is why he raised it slightly higher than would normally be comfortable for me to call.

The laydown definitely stems from my read being uncertain, leaning to the very strong to unbeatable side.