View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: JJ in battle of the blinds, 10/20 NL

Thanks. I thought your play looked so strong that you were presenting a hand better than what you had and I consider that a bluff-not that your hand is without value. I guess at this limit you must push every edge and deal with the resultant increased variance.

Is there any action he could've taken that would've prevented you from getting all in, like if turn was a club or an A do you check-fold and if he checks behind do you check-fold a river blank?

I guess you must add up the possibilities on the flop, 1)overpair, 2)set, 3)2 pair, 4) semi bluff to flush, 5)pure bluff, 6)underpair.

Then if the turn brings the flush card you must assess how he would play that - if your read is that he would slow down w the flush or not.

At the 50NL there is no need to push this kind of hand this hard fortunately.

Is it the fact that he jammed so hard on the flop that strongly persuades you that you're ahead? I reckon so.

If you are ahead on the flop then I guess, no, you didn't overplay it but pushed the edge appropriately.

thanks again

Edit: But then again, on the turn if he had flopped nut flush draw he is now getting 4.1:1 on his money when he only needs 3.2 to beat your hand. Of couse you couldn't predict how much he'd bet or if he'd bet at all but this would be a very bad situation for you imo.