View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Big stack NL vs Small Stack NL

I cant play big stack NL. There is a 1-2 game in which there is no max buyin. Most players buy in for 200-300. I usually buy in for 500. The average raise in the game is 10-15 dollars preflop. I cant seem to find a hand to fold. If its at all playable, im usually in. Anything connected, and pair. I am more cautious with A10, AJ, AQ KQ JQ, but have no prob calling a raise w 78o. I find myself in tricky situations of the flop when i flop top pair with no kicker. Also, i cant help but bet when checked to if i have position. 1/2 to 2/3 the pot seems about right to me....But i rarely take it down right there, and ive noticed that i am getting c/r a lot more often.
However, when i play a 2-5 game with a 500 max, i find that i play a lot more tighter, and dont splash around preflop as much. My decisions are easier, and i am not as aggressive post flop.
Any ideas? Should i really be folding a hand like 34o in position for $12 with 3 way action ahead of me? If the bet was 30 in a 2-5 game, this would be an easy fold. Maybe i dont respect the limit..who knows.
thanks
v