View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: A subject covered extensively - Tilting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because the majority of money went in when I was behind in my situation, I feel worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. Thought you meant the money went in and someone caught a gut shot. Funny, because I don't feel bad about those. Perhaps we can swap some mental juices and balance each other out??

[/ QUOTE ]

"May God give me the power to control the things I can and accept the things I can't." - Proverb

I am with amoeba. Me making a bad play makes me much more upset than getting sucked out on. Why would I get upset abotu something I can't control? I guess this is my attitude towards everything in life (so much that people comment on it) so I guess it just carries over into my poker game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's what makes us all unique psychologically. I don't get upset at myself if I make a bad play. I just learn from it. I get upset when people make obnoxious donk plays and hit one or two outers when all the money is in. You have to eventually accept all events that occur in your life, but I don't think that means you can't get mad about donks who call pre-flop rasies of 10+BB OOP with 97o against your big pocket pair and hit running 9's. I of course always get over it, but I'd be lying if I said wasn't grinding my teeth perplexed at what they thought they were doing. When my stack gets wiped out on plays like that it gets me steaming.

P.S. Control is an illusion.