View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Need advice for a micro stakes home game

Playing with a bunch of my friends tomorrow in either a fixed limit or spread limit game with an expected 5 dollar buyin. Some folks might rebuy for another 5 if they get down to the felt.

I have no interest in trying to make out well in this game. This is just a chance for a bunch of my friends to get together and gamble it up at stakes they feel comfortable with while getting drunk, eating pizza, and playing with my new Paulsons. Many players have never played poker of any sort before. It's likely to be a full game.

So, my question is, what's the best way to structure the game to keep people in, but still give them the impression that they can double up and make some "poker moves." Right now I'm leaning towards .5, .10 blinds with a .10-.50 spread limit, but I think if everyone bets .50 a lot this will wipe folks out far too quickly. Maybe we could use a bizarre structure like .5 .5 blinds with a .5-.25 spread limit? OR, .5, .10 blinds .5-.25 spread pf and flop, .10-.50 turn and river? If it's fixed limit, I'm inclined to make it a standard .10/.20. Anyway, thoughts are appreciated.