View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: A little guide about notes

I love this post, my notes were nowhere near as in depth as this, my notes were more like "plays xx in x position" or "limps with monsters" or "unbluffable (basically they will call down with ace high or middle pair etc)" or "loves to see flops" etc etc etc.

Boy, am I glad my betting patterns make it hard for people to see what I am doing (my continuation is the same whether I hit or miss, by design), if everyone took the notes you took, I'd have to be much trickier.

I am going to try to use this, as for suggestions...

A note I take is how often certain players will call a check raise, or how often they like to chase down drawing hands (or even if they will take bad odds to do it).

Also, I'd probably add taking notes on players that call down bets that were just trying to take down a pot and got to a river (I always check the instant hand history now to see what people muck, gives alot of information that I never bothered with before, like if they will call down with ace high or sometimes worse).

Still, these notes would work great for the sng's I've been doing recently, and would definitely be a big help in the bubble and beyond where attacking the blinds becomes very important. Can't wait to see the finished version!