View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

phil bitched about a bad-beat that took a lot of his chips....then later he got knocked out and complained to his wife again.

For all those saying "he got knocked out of the WSOP....let him vent."
I got knocked out of the WSOP too and didn't give a performance like that.
I said "pleasure playing with you guys" and wished them luck and left with some class.

And this was my FIRST WSOP.
Phil has been there before and should know that the odds favor him getting knocked out at one point or another. But when he gets knocked out he acts like it's this big surprise that he actually got knocked out.

Then he goes to the audience as well as to the cameras and says more idiotic stuff about how much better he is than everyone and that if luck weren't involved it would be obvious that he is the best player there.

How a guy who has played poker in THAT many tournaments can not come to grips with the fact that there actually is luck involved in poker is just beyond me.

The guy is a freaking tool and in his world ANY play that beats him is the OTHER GUY'S fault for playing so badly OR him just getting unlucky or both.

Phil would make an argument that he has had more bad luck than anybody in the history of poker....and this is just plain wrong.
In fact, with his 9 bracelets I think one could argue that he has actually had MORE good luck than many other poker players.