View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Gigabet hand in WPT event.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing about this hand. When Harrington raises the flop it could easily be either for value or to take control of the hand for pot control reasons. So when giga leads the turn he takes pot control away from Harrington and it seems Harrington doesnt care since he goes right ahead and raises. Harrington is almost certainly a lock for a big hand now (although there is a small chance of pure bluff) as a good draw almost certainly calls, same with a good one pair hand like KJ/QJ. After all that it seems like a bet on the turn is much better than a check, since it gets value out of worse made hands, charges draws, and forces Dan to define his hand for us. When Dan raises in this spot im petrified. So, what hands could Dan have. Seems to me, J10/J3/103/33 and maybe maybe maybe 44 that ran a play on the flop. I don't know why giga doesnt include 103 in his range, maybe he thinks Harrington just calls on the turn there. Given that im including 103 in the range I cant find a fold. I call the raise and lead the river for the same reasons I led the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

to restate what I said earlier in the thread cross-referenced:

I think dan might raise with 33 in position preflop, but I am sure he also checks the hand for unpredictability. No idea what his default is, but he could definitely be checking the hand.

But also, I don't think Dan needs a very big hand to make that turn raise. The actual size of the raise is a little suspicious, It almost looks like Dan is trying to buy a showdown... I think he probably folds most of his potential holdings to a three bet, including almost all of the hands we are beating.

Obviously I don't know past history, and can only guess on the players' percieved images, but it seems to me that it would make sense to call and lead the river. C/r turn seems like an OK line, but I think I like calling Dan's raise and leading. Of course, if he shoves on our river bet, we have quite a decision to make, but I think that is too tough a spot to really theorize on without being in the hand.And, of course, if a heart or another scare card hits, it is going to come down to Darrell's read of the situation.