View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: AKo- Mono Flop TPTK, your turn play?

At this level a lot of people will raise the flop to get a better hand to fold. Not sure why if he had the flush he would raise the flop rather than the turn unless he had a weak flush and was concerned that you have the A of clubs and doesn't want you to catch up. Or he has one high club and wants you to fold or give a free card on the turn.

I like calling the flop raise and betting the turn. If the villian only has a pair and a draw we are ahead. I just don't see how raising the flop and leading the turn is much different than calling and betting the turn other than I would be loosing .5 BB's. If he was trying to get a free card he will just call the turn and if he has a hand he will raise. Against an unknown I would throw the hand away on the turn against another raise.

Edit: Nevermind...I get it now. Okay your saying if we raise the flop and lead the turn we are spending 1.5 BB's to see the river assuming he doesn't reraise the turn. If we call and bet the turn and we are raised we are forced to call 2 BB's to see the river if we want to proceed. Against an unknown I am laying the hand down here and not going to the river in this small pot but I see the difference now.

I like raising the flop and betting the turn if we have an A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in our hand though and we suspect we are up against a made flush.