View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Haven\'t done one of these in a while - KK no Ace rainbow flop fold

[ QUOTE ]
I think the occurrence of a big made hand + a huge draw is in fact extremely rare, and it's not even clear that it's the right play here (0 for 2 so far).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually big made hand, and huge draw, and two or more opponents, and they greatly narrowed their hand ranges by playing aggressively pre-flop, and then the flop comes in such a way as to hit those hand ranges very hard, and then they continue the aggression on the flop. That's a big parlay.

I am probably not remembering times I was in similar situations and my opponents actually had the hands they were representing.

When I do fold a hand on the flop that would have won unimproved, I often wonder how I can avoid being pushed off the best hand by two opponents playing aggressively. In most cases I am talking about a much weaker hand than an overpair of Kings, usually just some random small pair I caught from the blinds. I don't see much I can do about it except take comfort in the fact that when I do hit a strong hand, like if I happened to have AK rather than KK in the original hand, they will pay it off immensely.