Thread: NL v. limit
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: NL v. limit

[ QUOTE ]

Big Mistake.

You are equating a BB in limit to a BB in NL...Big Mistake. In your words playing 4/8 limit is the same as playing NL with 2/4 Blinds? That is silly. You need to have a MUCH larger bankroll to play 2/4 NL than 4/8 Limit. You cannot equate the two the way you do. Winning 2BB/100 in limit is probably more like winning 15 or 20BB/100 in NL based on bankroll size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if im misunderstanding your point. The way i read it, you are trying to say that you should compare winrates of $25 NL ($2.5/100 at 10 BB/100, blinds of .10/.25) to .5/1 Limit ($2.5/100, at 2.5 BB/100, blinds of .25/.50). If so, this is wrong. You should be comparing similar blind structures because it is the blinds that determine the number of hands you get for your $$$. If you never play a hand $25 NL costs the same amount to play as .25/.50 Limit, and your ROI for the blinds is WAY higher in NL.

I played Limit for a year and just started playing NL seriously. I find against terrible small stakes players NL is way easier. Because the players at these levels makes such big mistakes, you can just sit around and wait for good hands and have them pay you off. Its not as interesting as Limit at these levels but there is way more money.