View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: A Vindication of the Rights of Men

[ QUOTE ]
is this science, math, or philosophy?

[/ QUOTE ]

The title and thread are phrased to be in counterpoint to the philosophic feminist work "A Vindication of the Rights of Women".

[ QUOTE ]
What are the jokes that women make about training? I don't get what you meant by that.

[/ QUOTE ]

When women make snide comments about training men. They always say it like they're talking abuot training some wayward puppy, who's only cute and lovable because he's stupid. And we sit there, grin, and take it like it's some kind of funny funny joke.

[ QUOTE ]
I’d explain how it works, but you’d never believe me. Just let me ask this: does your girlfriend also give you the line that she is not interested in getting married? If so, and you buy that one too, then…

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. I am interested in marriage, later in life, when I am financially secure. I know what you're trying to say, but I can assure you, you're off track. I have a genuinely equal relationship. It's not perfect by any stretch (of course, who doesnt want a fight... then you get o make up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

But no, we respect eachoterh and it works well. The great part is that Im moving to Austin this spring, so someone else gets her.. blah

It just seems to me that in our society, no one wants to have a relationship between two intellectual equals, someone needs to be on top (no pun intended). I dont know if it's a control issue, but we've let this go on for too long.