View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Stream and Sara in pot building frenzy

I think I disagree with the objection to the third street raise with a three flush. In my case, I won't make this raise every time, but I think you have to sprinkle these raises into your play once in a while. The deceptive value that this creates at 5/10 tables has been very profitable for me.

Here is why I decided to raise in this case:

1. I already have two callers. I admit that one of them is Sara which complicates things, but I thought there was a good chance I would get at least one more and have a four way pot.

2. My clubs are entirely live so there is a good chance I will catch another one on fourth. I have found two suited cards on fourth is a real action killer if you just limp in with a three flush. People put you on a flush draw more often when that happens. If I can tie people on a little tighter on third then the fourth street action seems to hold up better.

3. Sara did worry me, and I was concerned about her being on a flush draw too. On the other hand, one of her diamonds was dead and none of my clubs was dead. With the king, I was not convinced I was behind if she was on a flush draw, and I gave myself the credit for having a slightly better chance to make the flush. Did she really need an ace or king of diamonds to make her call on third? I didn't think so, but I could very easily be wrong on this one.

4. Also regarding Sara - she does not play crap starting hands as we all know. So she is very unlikely to fold to my completion, so I was less worried about the completion killing all my action. I was more worried about her staying in the hand, so I wanted to show some degree of strength to build my percentages that she would fold on fourth or later.

5. My king is live

I am not saying that these are valid reasons to make the raise, but thats what I was thinking at the time. Could be bad judgement against a player who is clearly better than me, which is why I came looking for help on this one [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]