View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: PP $400nl - Nut Str on turn with possible flush on...

Turn brings J giving me the nut straight with 3 spades on board...
I bet $50....Villain makes it $175
I don't know what to do here.

I probably would have tried a cr on the turn, but that's dangerous if he doesn't bet and a spade falls. Then again, I like dangerous plays at times. heh... In all seriousness, with either A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I like a cr on the turn. Without either spade, I think a bet is more in order.

Your flop bet could probably be bigger. Not much chance you chase him off a legit hand with that bet. And your bet on the turn looks equally weak. I play very LAG and those bets look weak enough that I might be able to pick that pot up, especially on a semi-bluff or something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something like that.

I think you've gotta call a LAG here. Too much chance he's on QT, QJ, KQ semi-bluff or thinking he's value-betting, TT, 44 maybe... He can have a ton of hands here that you beat.

bet more on flop or don't bet at all. Pricing in draws OOP is not good poker.

You think a flush drawer is incorrect to call $40 on the flop but correct to call $25? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

- C -