View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
 is offline

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

Why are you overbetting the pot on the flop giga? That way you build a monster pot, but you are not willing to put all your chips in with top two, heads up. You must think about this before betting or not?

If you do think he is not going to pay you something if he is beat you can just check it down, fold to a bet or call a induced bluff on the river. Urgh but weak tight.

My line: 1/3 of the pot on the flop as a "feeling" bet. You are not giving him the right odds for any weak draw and you don't tell him anything about your hand. Heads up he is going to raise with top or middle pair and some very good draws like KQ. I call his raise on the flop. The four is not dangerous, so i show maximum strength checkraising to a third of your stacks. Now the pressure is on him.
If he then is still in there he has trips and i don't pay any more on the river or to a reraise on the turn.

But back to your line. I see Dan playing this way with JT, J3, J4, T3 and 33. JJ and TT he would raise preflop and there is just one combination left of each so take them out.

There are 27 combination you dominate with over 95% and only 3 combinations where you are a 91% underdog. How can you fold? Aha, the answer is in the title of the post ... :-)

I bet he had T3 and got away lucky.