View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Is this a bare ace bluff or just retarded?

I've found that there are certain players who will pass whichever one I have and some who will call whichever one i have so this is obviously an opponent dependent play. I have a tightish image most of the omaha games I play in so those who are paying attention are afraid to tangle with me without the nuts.

I'm getting to the point where I consider playing it strongly whichever one i have. I'm torn though as to how one should bet with each of them. Obviously when you have the nut flush you wan't them to call and the bare ace you want them to fold but maybe one should play them the same and throw in the proper frequency of bare ace bluffs so people can not play perfectly against you by passing their lower flushes.

As for the hand in question. Maybe raise the turn if opponent has the mentality of betting and folding to a raise. Otherwise call the turn. River is a tough one.
Some of my opponents make these river bets with the nuts or close to it. Raise or fold I think as most of you opponents with not be value betting lesser hands in this spot.