View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

[ QUOTE ]
Why play this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because JTs is soooo pretty dammit.

Seriously, I'm trying to understand what your saying but it might be beyond my comprehension. Let's say he has you beat on the flop with 33, TT, JJ. First of all I'm not quite sure he's going to bet the flop, but even if he does for say, 2/3 pot, then bets the same on the turn and river, you'll be in for 20k, which is about what you were in for by the turn in your example. Honestly though, I'm not quite you are going to be in for that much if he's flopped a set in a BvB situation, especially if you call with a lot of reluctance.

I understand your idea about getting full value if he has a worse hand, but don't you think a)the times he ends up calling you down with worse hands after showing flop passivity, b) the times you get him to bet at the pot with air, and c) the times you thwart him getting you to lay the best hand down, make up for all of this?

[ QUOTE ]
Most players know that in situations where you are either way ahead or way behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that's very tough in a situation such as this? Personally I think Dan could have a few more hands than you put him on, even with the turn raise.

And BTW I'm not advocating playing the hand this way all the time, but under these circumstances... well yes I am a pansy.