View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: 80/160 AK hand vs Tommy, missed some betst?

[ QUOTE ]
I've never played against Tommy, but if his posts are typical of his style, then you're facing a very tight opponent who is also capable of making some rather big laydowns.

Now, when you face a tight player, you usually want to bluff more, and value bet less. However, Tommy is probably smart to recognize if you do something as obvious as going passive with your good hands, and attacking with bluffs. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've read all your posts in this thread.

no matter what i do there is 0 percent chance i will get tommy to fold AA here, and obviously not KK (or TT).

so if i'm "bluffing" it wil be with the best hand here. Folding QQ/JJ is not a "big laydown" here. he will be correct to do so obviously.

my main contention is that i'm not so sure tommy will pay two big bets with qq/jj for a showdown, but may for one at the end.

[ QUOTE ]
So, which do you prefer? You can play a little more passively with your strong hands, or you can play them aggressively and perhaps make a little less, while giving yourself the ability to steal some pots later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things.

1) Tommy plays very few hands.

2) I play very few hands.

3) We will play very few hands together.

Given these factors, I doubt attempting to bluff Tommy more is a viable strategy. There just won't be enough special situations where I'd even get the chance to profitably.

[ QUOTE ]
Also suggesting a bet is the fact that, from what I understand, Tommy does not do a lot of check-raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think this from what you read from him, but I've seen it with my own two eyes.