View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Couple of independent $22+2 hands

Warning: I play more aggro than most at the 2+2ers at 22s and 11s

Hand 1: I like a reraise, but pushing TT this early is not something I like to do. The pot just isn't big enough, and you are solidly behind the range that calls you. My move: Make it 275 Preflop. Note: This move is only good if you are confident in your ability to not get outplayed postflop when an overcard hits.

Hand 2: Pushing is too high risk /reward for my taste, as there are a lot of people in the pot, and lower buyin players will often call off all of their chips once they have called a PFR. At this point in the tournament you definitely dont want to be all in VS AJo and KQs, as losing will take away your biggest advantage of bubble play. Call for set value/proceed cautiously with an overpair. Pot odds are decent, and the implied odds are huge.

Edit: Also, in both hands, a lot of villians will make minraises with AA/KK hoping to get a lot of callers/disguise their hand. The minbet doesn't imply as much weakness as you think it does, though it is definitely not a super strong play.