Thread: NL v. limit
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: NL v. limit

[ QUOTE ]
You have to know your opponent and know how he plays to avoid being sucked out on like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is one of the best things that can happen. You get someone all in with 76s, you having KK, and you are actually complaining, because maybe once in 10 hands, you'll get sucked out?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.

However, to measure profitability isn't only about BB/100. I also think it doesn't matter how much it is relative to your bankroll size.

Think of it in terms of $ / hr. That's the only thing that actually counts, and here multitabling comes in.
Playing several tables will guarantee you a lower BB/100 but increase your hourly rate unless you're a loser, since the multiple tables more than compensate for your lower win rate per hands played.

I've heard from better players and I know a few limit players who play up to 10 tables simultaneously.

They don't play no-limit, but they do believe that a good NL player could play at most 4 or 5 tables, because of the better information and concentration it needs to play NL.

Therefor, limit could potentially be more profitable because you can play more tables.