View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Flat-calling middle set

okay so my flop raise was probably a bit too small, I didn't realize at the time that it was only a half pot raise
too small for what? I don't like this seeming auto-potting esp. in this situation.
SB's cold call screamed monster to me, the only problem was I too had a monster. So on the turn I ponder the chances of him having a 5 (without it being a straight already), and I think they are small, so I'm not too worried about a draw. I would hate to get check-raised on the turn by 75 and miss my chance to fill up for free, so I check. (weak-tight much?)
when you flop a set on that board against a pfr you should be praying to get all your chips in at any point. I do however like the check behind on the turn because it often gets your river bet paid off vs his op.
Then on the river I don't know whether to raise or call, I think the only hands I beat that he calls my river raise is with 2 pair or 33
yeah, his river bet is tough, I fear JJ. A decent player shouldn't be betting AA here so I reckon the call is best.
33 is just as likely as 66, so I guess that cancels out, but 75/52 feels more likely than two pair. I would expect a flopped straight more likely to be slowplayed then two pair.

So, does anyone like my justification of my weak-tightness?

[/ QUOTE ]
Note, I don't play 6max.