View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: In response to DonkeysAlwysDrw and FieryJustice...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... so... if you agree / disagree or a little bit of both go ahead and say what you feel.

I think, at the least, ideas like this will provide some sort of mental 'comfort' to some of the other confused, younger poker players like myself out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in response to all you guys. I don't wanna put too much time into this...

Im kinda in the same boat you guys are in. I really have no interest in school right now, but also, Im not really that bored.

If I played as much as some of you guys, I woulda already moved out, quit school and went pro. I dunno what it is, maybe Im lazy. I also have ADD and I don't take medication (something I need to get taken care of, but Im lazy) so that could be apart of it. Another thing is, after several hours of playing poker, I HAVE to get out. Sometimes its my parents fighting, my mom bitching at me, or I had a bad swing, but mostly becuase after work, its time to play.

What I don't understand is why everyone is putting the word 'fun' and 'partying' together, like there is no other way to have fun.

Im down for anything, so going to a party is great. If you're not interested in those types of things, there is other stuff.

Im going to play paintball this weekend. Go to a local field and rent some equipment, its almost impossible not to have fun with that.

My friend is training to be a professional fighter. His trainer, Dave Strasser (former fighter in UFC), asked me to fight in his show, and I said YES. No training in boxing, but I had a little knowledge about ground fighting. And two months later, I was at the show, like some kind of celebrity.

Work out. Learn to play an instrument. Go skydiving. Get a pool table. Wakeboarding.

Basically, there is ALWAYS something to do. You have to be open minded, and basically, when someone asks you if you wanna do this, or that, always say yes (don't do drugs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Although, at the same time, Im still "a confused, younger poker player".