View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Libs, Dems: What should we do about Miers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this doesn't have anything to do with with Shaun's post or the caustic reply. Basically the reply to Shaun's post was stating that what Shaun said isn't true about the Democrats and I pointed out that it was true.

[/ QUOTE ]Sure it does. Shaun has no data to support his argument. In fact I've shown data which disproves Shaun's claims. Actually I'm going to bump a thread which has a nice poll in it for you two.

I'd bet a good amount of money that both you and Shawn have primarily Republican families and you need to realize that neither those families nor foxnews are accurate representations of America.

Which party would you say has been hijacked by the fringe now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really trying to use this poll to say that the issues of gay marriage, a woman's "right" to kill her unborn child, higher taxes, and relinquishing our national authority to foreign bodies are supported by a majority of the population?

A poll? By the way I'm for legal abortion though I think it's an immoral act, and I'm for marriage rights for gays. Furthermore, my mother's family are largely Democrats. My father's family is about half and half. The numbers are such that your bet would be hugely -EV.

I don't think the way I think because of Fox News or because my parents told me to. I'm a libertarian. I have a pretty coherent philosophy that doesn't contradict itself. I am disgusted with the major political parties because they have no philosophy (even if they did I doubt I'd agree). They are sell-outs who pander to the lowest common denominator.

I am pointing out reasons why I think your party has failed with circumstances that would seem to favor them for the past 2 elections. This poll, like all of them, is flawed. It has nebulous categories like "Economy" and some data gathered from a small sample of who knows who from who knows where. You really shouldn't use polls to prove points. I talked about specific issues that I feel like hurt the Democrats. This poll is not really relevant to those issues.