View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Q9s, big pot, how would you play this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fold KQs here too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a mistake. KQs plays very well multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess KQs could be played here. I just don't like it cause you are dominated by AQ, AK, KK, AA. I fold it (perhaps incorrectly) because I know that if I flop a K or Q it could get expensive, and I'm really only calling to make a flush or straight, and KQs doesn't have as many straight possibilities as say JT. Plus you can get hammered by a higher flush. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are reverse implied odds in effect. But Q9s has a lot worse reverse implied odds, though the fact that the pot is so big might negate those and it might be a decent call. Unfortunately I don't find too many of these games where there is a raise pf and several cold callers. I ran into this problem in Atlantic City last week where I felt I was playing too tight and folding a lot of hands preflop to raises that I thought I might be able to call with because of the implied odds. I think maybe 98s or somesuch hand might be even better than Q9 because the other cold callers are likely to have face cards.