View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Now I know what its like to play against me

Against that sort of player I typically like taking one of two lines.

Check the flop, minraise a potsized bet or make a larger raise if the bet/board looks harmless on 4th.

Make a very small continuation bet of 1/4 pot with the intention of reraising a checkraise enough to let them know I am committed, even though I'm not.

I like line 2 against an aggressive checkraiser because it tends to fold many of the hands I really don't want sticking around. I'd also be more inclined to use this line the more vulnerable my hand is.

I hate betting 50%-100% pot here. The stacks and board are just the right size to get played with from a variety of hands, and a variety of players. Your opponent does not have to be overly aggressive at all the checkraise here. I know you don't mind someone c/ring light, but they will often be doing it with hands that have a decent amount of outs to overtake you. And I believe you can fold several of those hands, whilst still extracting a little bluff money from the villian, by betting a little smaller. You also leave yourself an out and save some of your stack.