View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Is this a bare ace bluff or just retarded?

[ QUOTE ]
2 limpers, I limp with AJTT (JTs and the Ace is [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]), 1 more limper or so.

Flop comes T96 all [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

someone in EP bets 30 (1/2 pot) I raise pot, he calls.

Turn 5o

He donk bets 50, I call

River 2o

He donk bets 50, I raise pot.

On the flop I was trying to protect my hand? does that exist? Or maybe just make a smaller flush or straight fold, would they? Those ideas are contradicting, so what am I trying to do here? One thing is for certain, I'd rather play heads up than multiway, so good raise right?

Turn, I am calling to fill up. Maybe he's value betting me with a non-nut flush or the straight.

River, he doesn't have the nut, and really looks like he is scared, so who can possibly call a potsized raise, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must decide when you flop like this whether or not you want to represent the nut flush or not right then and then play accordingly the whole hand. I think this is a good spot to make a play for the pot, since you have a nice FH draw as backup. On the flop I might try a smallish raise and then come with the full pot on the turn. This looks like I am trying to get my opponent to call the flop then commit his whole stack on the turn. A full pot raise on the flop followed by a flat call on the turn followed by huge river bet seems like you are doing something funny to me. A strong nut hand seems to be building the pot and rarely passes an opportunity to put in some type of raise. One thing I do know, I would love to flop the nut flush against this opponent at some point.