View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Set 2\'s will be the death of me!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying I am good enough to do it consistently... but there might have been enough information to get away from this set.

Reads on the Villain would be your friend here; you have to know what that $85 bet into a $39 pot means. Has villain overplayed top pair like this previously is he willing to do this with less than a set? will he do this with a nut flush draw and a pair? A rockish player doing this move would set off alarm bells for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was particularly tight but how on earth can you put him on anything other than KK AA? I will pay off QQ everytime. I find that folk who have very high preraising standards (he did) almost neverlay down their big pocket pairs other than to a scary board. This to me was AA or KK and the big bet was discouraging the flush draw.

Maybe if the pot was limped and I got this action I could lay down the set 2's but not against the raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I gave the wrong impression, I'm sorry. I have no reason that I would regularly be able to lay this down in the heat of a hand either. But that is why the read for whether he would do this with less than 2 pair or a set is important -- and a difficult read to get especially while 4-tabling.