View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: How to answer this common female question?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

try to calmly and clearly point out where she is being irrational.

tell her you're not going to discuss it unless she's willing to look at all sides of the argument.

If that doesn't work, tell her you don't like games

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude have you ever talked to a woman? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Vibesgirl and I have been together for ten years, exactly because we talk to each other like this. My last few relationships were with psychos who thought they had to project a completely false personality for their boyfriends in order to be accepted. I don't go for that. I don't go for head games. When the Vibesgirl and I got together, we were both pretty wary of close relationships, as she was getting over a bad marriage, and I was getting over a terrible relationship with a completely psycho girl that I actually had to threaten with a restraining order after I found out how much she had been lying to me. (Example: This girl told me she had given birth at 14 to a daughter who had died at the age of 3, which was a total lie.) The Vibesgirl and I agreed that we would be completely honest with each other. It wasn't easy. There were a few issues we had to work out. But now we can say anything to each other, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of the hardest things about this method? Being honest with yourself, to yourself about yourself. It's hard to admit your faults or insecurities to someone else. It's damn near impossible when you won't acknowledge them yourself.