View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Want to learn NL, how deep should I start?

[ QUOTE ]
Can you address the points I made here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed that discussion and didn't partake because my play is probably more aligned with yours than with a true TAGs. I think you still have the "aggressive" attitude, you just exhibit your aggression a little differently.

I think the "fold or raise" mantra is to help players (like me), who tend to become calling stations, take a better mental approach to the game.

I will add that I think your style will probably have a lower variance because you are not probing and raising at every opportunity. You appear willing to forgo some EV in order to get a better read on the action and/or control a pot (which is probably a good thing in many situations). You probably do not win as much as you could in your winning sessions, but I would think you save much more on your losses in your losing sessions, so this is probably also a plus. I can't see any 'fundamental' flaws in your approach and I can see how a good player could do well using it.

It appears you play at the 400 level which is different from the 100 and 200 levels I am familiar with so that could also cause us to perceive our opponents differently.