View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Recreational Players view on the Party Debacle.... (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Whether this turns out to be a good move or a bad move remains to be seen, but I think it was a poorly thought out and high variance move.

[/ QUOTE ]

This move was necessary for Party to combat the predatory practices of their partners. It was definately given alot of thought at Party, and was a clearly necessary move for a market leader to maintain its dominant position.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, why did they do it at peak hours? That is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a publically traded company, they had to make this annnouncement over the weekend, to give analysts a chance to figure out the impact.

[ QUOTE ]
Why make a sneak attack on the skins instead of just warning them (which is my supposition)? That increases their legal vulnerability, even if splitting was within the contracts they had.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was no sneak attack! Senior management at the skins were well aware that this was coming. Party (along with Sportingbet, and possibly other unnamed suiters) were in talks to buyout Empire; this possibility was clearly discussed in those negotiations. If you listen to the Party CEO interview that coincided with last month's release of Party's financials, he clearly stated that a relationship with the skins was no longer useful to Party.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think things are going quite the way they planned at Party (in general, that is) and I don't think they know quite how to deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party remains the #1 poker room (by revenue) with roughly 50% market share!