View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: folding aces (I might be weak-tight)

[ QUOTE ]
$25 dollar pot-limit omaha hi/lo on party, converter is not working.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, button calls. Hero raises pot to $1.65. All call four to the flop for $7.15<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.15, fold, fold, hero folds.

Is this to weak tight? Please let me know. MP3 had another 18 dollars behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check fold on this flop is a fine line, since there are so many people in and you don't have any meaningful draws (backdoor low, straight, and flush draws only). Still, your hand isn't very well defined, and the pot bet could easily be a heart flush draw figuring you missed with a strong low hand like A234. I tend to bet most flops without an immediate low draw with AA hands that I raised preflop, but I know that at this level, it wouldn't be unusual to get shown 5387, 87A2, or some other piece of total trash that has you in bad shape. I like betting, because you still have AA for high and most people are playing hands that are pretty one way low hands. I probably come out with about 3/4s of the pot and see what happens, and I am ready to give it up to any action. I am much more likely to play strongly against fewer opponents.