View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Common Situation Lately - Best Line?

I think you don't quite give us enough info as to buy in, there's a difference between a 20+2 and a 100 buy in. You don't give us site either, that's somewhat important, but whatever.

I voted other because there's no push option. WHY? This is the most obvious choice for me. This is a really easy push, and I think anything other than that is really weak tight. Let's evaluate our options:

1. Fold- This is awful to me. You're telling me you're folding TPTK heads up? I just don't think you can ever have this kind of a read in an online tourney. If he got lucky and hit two pair that's just bad luck, but you still have outs. Party donks love minraising, doesn't mean they always have the best hand. He could just be doing it to see wher ehe is.

2. Call- I guess you could call here, but I think it's dangerous. You're pretty much committed by calling as you're putting in a little over 1/3 your chips in. Not terrible, but I just don't see a reason to let villian draw. AK isn't bulletproof, I wouldn't even instacall here with top two. A set sure. I like pushing better just because even if he folds you increase your stack by 1/3 while also giving him a chance to make a mistake.

I really don't see any way you can raise less than all in and not commit yourself to an all in at some point anyway. Might as well get all your chips in with the best hand.