View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: For My Buddy Grey One More Time - Civil Unions and Gay Marriage

[ QUOTE ]
No, they usually just curse the left for using the judiciary to legislate law and reinterpret the Constitution as they see fit.

[/ QUOTE ] Fair enough. I was really just having a little fun. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Well, wether we like to believe it or not, people do oppose homosexuality on moral grounds and do not want to recognize it as a valid lifestyle and they should be allowed to if they get control of the legislature just as the gay communittee has the rights to try to change the law through the legislature.

Having one state change the rules is tyrany of the minority which has been the case for far too long.

[/ QUOTE ] Well...I oppose gay marriage on moral grounds, but not legal ones. That said, what you seem to imply is that our only fair choices are a)do away with the Equal Protection Clause; or b)do away with marriage as a legal institution in this country.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with either implication, nor any of your statements. I actually am undecided...it's certainly a point worth pondering. But...how could we possibly proceed with a) or b)...hypothetically, of course, since I think both of them have less chance of happening than total drug legalization.