Thread: Dealers mouth!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Dealers mouth!

From prior posts, I probably have a different view from this kind of home game than many.

I too, often play in a game where there are players who don't have a clue. Their total poker for the year is in one or two home games, and while they probably know the ranking of hands, they know little else. (You can tell who this person is because the's the one who usually calls for stud instead of holdem or even draw poker when the button comes to him.)

I treat these games as a bonding experience rather than serious poker. Now, if I were in your case, I think would have told the guy myself that there was a nut straight on the board.

Actually, I think that this is even a +ev move. If your fishy friend is made to feel like an idiot for folding the nuts he may quit the game -- this would be VERY bad. More importantly, at least in my case, since people know I play more seriously than the rest, I worry that trying to take this pot here could affect friendships, and frankly, there's not enough money on the table to be worth it.

This being said, if I haven't described your home game (i.e., yours is more serious): Kick the dealer in the nuts.