View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: On target

[ QUOTE ]

Neither Ward Churchill nor Nicholas de Genova were political science professors; Ward Churchill was an ethnic studies professor, and I believe de Genova was an anthropologist.

Call it nitpicky if you must,...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't presume you're trying to derail this discussion or just being nitpicky, but you're really taking my last post out of the context of the entire line of reasoning in the thread. Nor for that matter did I state that the two profs Churchill and de Genova were poli-sci profs.

If you had followed the prior posts of mine in this thread you would realize that I wasn't referring only to poli-sci profs, but rather to poli-sci *types* and as well to some in the larger mold of the educated liberal elite, and was initially comparing some opinions of the educated liberal elite to the opinions of some such as farmers, and raising the matter of who was more often or more generally correct in their political views.

If you go back and reread the entire string of responses right now, you will see that you are here isolating for argument something which was not intended to be isolated. As the discussion progressed it became a more convenient shorthand to discuss things a certain way in order to try to illustrate a point. I shouldn't have to write every post in a developing thread as if it were a post in isolation in order to not be misunderstood.

Also, I did not claim that most are like Ward Churchill, so there is no need to point out that only few are like him. I certainly don't think most are like him, and I'd presume that most people would share this view since he's obviously quite extreme.