View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Profit Share at PokerShare.com?

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain what is "Profit Share" at Pokershare.com? What is it? How does it work? My affiliate used to offer rakeback plus profit share deal. Now they only offer profit share, but I don't know what it is. Do I get to paid every month? based on what criteria??? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
It's well known that a couple of weeks ago PokerShare changed its policy. Affiliates are no longer allowed to offer rakeback. Customers already signed up when the change was announced are grandfathered.

This ends the factual portion of the post. The following is speculation.

It's pretty obvious that UB belatedly realized they committed a terrible blunder. PokerShare and its affiliates were using rakeback to do the exact same thing to UB that the Party skins did to Party. So UB intervened by forcing PokerShare to stop offering rakeback.

Of course UB affiliates do offer generous rakeback and PS has no means of countering this. PS is losing affiliates and has no viable business plan. When there are no profits to share that will be the last straw and PS will collapse. Possibly it could survive as a wraith by spending virtually no money and passively serving its existing customers. Think PokerNow.

From what I have heard it appears that UB handles customer banking for PS so that player funds should be safe. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

I do see one possible way PS might survive. If you are interested go to www.rakerebatereview.com and read the section on PS.

I want to emphasize again that this is my personal opinion. PS management participates at 2+2 and I would love to hear their thoughts.