View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Moving up from NL10/20 to 25/50 and/or 50/100

Overall I have a 4.53 BB/100, a 5.72 for september and 11.70 for October (I think I'm playing much better although I've been running pretty well the last week or so, doubt I can keep it that high). I'd be interested to hear what other people's are, especially those that play 25/50. I have no idea really if that's mediocre or really good or too low to have a good shot at higher stakes.

I saw a full game going on at 25/50 so took a shot today, won about 1500 off a short stack right away with AK vs AJ and an ace on the flop. Then lost some folding QQ to a K on the river and a pot size reraise. Then lost a bunch doubling up a 2500 stack with AK vs A4 and a K44 on the flop. So was back down to 2500 or so. Then hit a set and won a decent sized pot and folded QQ again to a 558 board and one guy really pushing hard into a dry side pot. Picked up a few small pots and got back to around 4,000. People were trickling out the whole time so ended up 4 handed and I picked up KK. Flop came 10 10 7 and the other guy lead out to me with pot sized raises on every street. I sort of thought he was just stepping up his aggression for being only 4 handed (he was raising a lot preflop) and he probably thought I missed completley so called him down and he had pocket 7's. Probably just a case of me sucking at shorthanded. At least I lost my first 5k there and don't feel too bad about it.