View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Some 6 Max hands

-blind response-

dislaimer - I've never played .05/.10, so take that for what it is.

------
hand 1

I check this flop to see what happens vs this many people. If it gets bet and called then I'm folding. If the button bets, then I raise to push out the rest of the field.

i think that betting out makes this hand the hardest to play because you don't have outs if you're behind a raise, but you have to call because you may not be behind.

------
hand 2 you can probably fold the flop raise and you can definately fold the turn. A line that strong vs a preflop raiser means that you're beat. Try not to spew just because villain is unknown.

Also, blind stealing with this hand is a pure money loser if you're going to play it this way postflop. This may be sixmax, but it's still poker man. If you want to pick the villain off of a bluff [check/raise, bet, bet] line - you need a better hand to do so.

------
hand three

I tend to fold this preflop, but only because I'm still poor at playing it when I don't flop a set and I'm out of position. I'll call it vs horrible postflop players that will go to the mat with tptk.

Button's cold threebet after a pf coldcall most likely says a set or AA. An aggressive AK could do this as well. Mostly it scares the hell out of me.

Give the flop action, I would just bet/call the turn and check/call the river. The pot is too big to give up on with a boat, but lots of hands that beat you would have taken this line.