View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Disclaimer: Before I get flames, I'd just like to point out that I believe that pedophiles should be be thrown in jail and they should throw away the key after doing so. There's nothing more disgusting than someone who molests a child.

That being said...

The story sounds more like a car full of drunken good ole' boys who had a great excuse to go beat someone down. My gut feeling is that there never was any "attempted assault" of a 12 year old girl. The car full of rednecks had a few too many beers, someone mentioned that there's a sex offender in the neighbourhood, and next thing you know they're all piling in the '93 Oldsmobile for a beat-down.

We have no idea what this "sex offender" really did to be labelled as such. He was convicted of lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 16. Maybe he picked up some girl at a bar who "looked 18" but turned out to be 15 (though he doesn't look like the type an 18 year old would be all that interested in). Maybe he picked up a hooker who turned out to be a 15 year old runaway. My point is that we don't really know, and I'm suspecting that the guys who laid a beating on him didn't really know either.