View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Recreational Players view on the Party Debacle.... (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt Party is deliberately trying to run off its high-volume players.

Rather, Party thinks that those players are so tied to their network that they expect them to switch over from whatever skin they were under even without RB.

Personally, I am betting that this is a miscalculation by Party, at least when it comes to small stakes players, but we'll see how things shake out I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could all be true, but I sense there is another side that is possible that many here haven't even thought about.

What's the key to Party's success? It's the many fish.

Party is now a public company and it's revenue are now public, so maybe they felt the fish were drying up, and needed to make sure they stay liquid, and thus keep their successful formula going. To do this they needed to weed out a portion of the high volume players that were very likely killing off the fishes.

I think the 10 tableing offer was to keep some of the high volume players playing there, but in general, Party needs to protect it's bread and butter, the fish, and to do this they needed "get rid of" some the high volume players by cutting off RB that they so dearly loved.