View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: out sourcing IT work to India

[ QUOTE ]

Don't do it. I currently work at a firm where the IT work has been outsourced to India. The service is extremely unreliable and the wait times are extremely long...not to mention the language barrier (although its not as bad as it could be.)

The company we're working with is called OfficeTiger...maybe there's better ones, but these guys...no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the finest computer minds are in India. One of the world's finest universities for an education in computer sciences is in India.

This does not translate to IT, or even computer-related customer service phone jobs, being outsourced to India, as being a good idea. In the past 7-8 months I've made 4 customer service calls that I'd bet a large bankroll were routed to India. Absolutely horrible experiences!!! Forget the language problems, the help was zero. Problems were not resolved. Much anger and dissatisfaction were generated - at both ends.

My experience in upper-middle management with two large corporations leaves me with no doubt the decision to outsource is first and foremost for profit. Executives with large corps all make bonuses and have stock deals tied in to profits. They make decisions every day with no thought to the future of the company. Only their personal gain.