View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: $55... Long Time No Post

This hand felt really ghetto and I think a couple people have explained why. I think the best explanation, because it's the most detailed, is apathy's. The problem is that I will very likely get called in at least one spot and have no idea where I am. I will not be able to bet the turn and will likely have fairly poor equity against something like a flush draw with an over card, or be slaughtered by a K or the like.

In my post I said the flop bet felt standard, because it did, but I don't think it should be. I don't think the problem lies directly in the flop bet, but how that totally screws you for the rest of the hand.

I don't usually raise here pf, but I don't think raising is that much worse than limping. I do think limping is better, but are we dead set on not raising, or just thinking limping is marginally better?

Also, what do you do if the flop's checked through and the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn is checked to you again?

And given the flop line I took, let's say I check the turn. How much are we calling on a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river?

Just a couple of hypotheticals, some more relevant than others.