View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Two overcards with Flush Draw outside bubble

I think if you're going to semi-bluff this board on the flop, then you need to go ahead and put all of your money in the pot. I assume that you didn't want the guy to call the bet on the flop anyway, but wouldn't really mind if he did. You're not worse than 35% to win, and that's if he has something as terrible for your hand as a set. Against all other reasonable hands, you have at least 12 outs. On top of all of this, you may have the best hand right now.

If he has enough hand to call, then you have a nice coinflip with some dead money in the pot to get your hands on some chips late in the tourney. If he doesn't have enough of a hand to call, then that's cool too.

If you don't want to push the flop, then check behind and make your decision from there.

When I don't have a made hand already, but have a super-strong draw, I tend to not make bets that will allow someone to push me off of my hand. Since I don't think you can fold this if you get raised, but do actually have to think about your decision before calling all-in, simply put your money in and make the other guy guess. Use the fold equity to your advantage, don't give it to him!