View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Empire\'s road to hell

Haven't looked at the mid-high games there but have seen that there are a couple of 100/200 games going sometimes and I can't imagine that ALL the players are Howard Lederer.

Played 5/10 6-max there the other day and was a little surprised to see that one of my favorite fish was at the table (naturally I just assumed he was a party-fish).

He remembered me too...because I stayed to play him heads-up late one night and he berated me endlessly for staying with 65s and beating him in a hand.
Others joined the table and even after he busted-out he decided to tell all the other new arrivals that I totally sucked and didn't know how to play and will call a raise with 65s (which, fwiw, is reasonable in heads-up play).

so when I showed up at his table on empire the other day he went right into his whole "OMG" routine and proceeded to play 50/3 style poker.

(also, just a thought - how the hell is it that all these VP-50 type players can actually find ways to criticize an opponents pre-flop selection? I've been at many tables where a 50/3 guy is total ripping on someone....sometimes that someone is 80/50, other times they are 24/14).

I liked the games on empire just fine...and will probably deposit for this bonus. Whether or not I actually finish it is another thing and it probably isn't THAT hugely profitable for me.
But the extra little incentive to just play my freaking hands is a little push I need sometimes.