View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Variance at Micro Limits

[ QUOTE ]
I really think you should spend 1hour(Be it a day, or a week) 1Tabling. Playing your standard game but taking reads on opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I haven't given the impression that I'm playing completely without reads. I do make and use reads. I had one particularly nice hand in last night's session where I twigged to a guy seeing way too many flops, and I actually made a value bet on the river (after a check-check turn) with nut no-pair, which he called -- with KJ. I actually put him AJ-A9 or so, and the river card was a brick; I was reasonably certain I was ahead when I bet the river.

In another hand, I had KK in early position, raised preflop, got one caller, bet out on an A-high ragged flop, and got flatcalled. I bet the turn for information, and mucked to the raise. The villain had one bet left; I could have reraised and not worried about having to pay another bet, but that would have just been stupid. The villain didn't have enough chips left to be threatening and the turn raise was clearly for value.

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck, and $1000 "tuition" sounds painfull. I hope you've won enough and cashed back all the cash you put into poker? With the remains go and buy SSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not particularly, considering I put it $50 at a time over a number of months, playing for entertainment and later getting more serious about it. It was all paid back in full when I won my first $30+3 multi-table NL tourney on Ultimate Bet, paying me $3300. I cashed out $3000 of it. Over time I've put some back in at various sites and cashed out a couple times. The fact that I'm in the black over all is due to nice tournament wins, and I have no way to know right now whether that's just luck or if I'm a decent tournament player.