View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: An examination of session hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I believe I posted early here. Lost to QK. Again, I just take my lumps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the convertor says you're in the SB, and it does look that way. It's odd that the player before you is listed as the CO, but who knows. Either way, you shouldn't be in the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 7: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I realize I hit my fullhouse, but if he was betting overcards I didn't want to stop him, nor did I want to stop the donkeys behind me from overcalling in case they made a hand and we could throw a party on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem here is that someone with overcards or another draw will (or should) just check/fold a river blank, but they'll call your turn raise. As it stands, you got very lucky on the river, but you still missed out on tons of bets. Who's to say that SB and/or BB didn't have xy[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and would have called 2 anyway? As they say on 2+2, "fastplay is the new slowplay."

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 8: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Felt he was betting overcards. His raise/cap made me think otherwise and I think the turn call may have been questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's tough. You still have an overpair, and without a specific read that villain won't cap without a hand, it'd be hard for me to lay it down. It could even be something like A8s, if villain is very aggressive. Tough hand.