View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Howard Lederer, is he any good?

JC:How involved are you, and the other players in the day-to-day decisions of what goes on at Full Tilt?

HL: Well, I am the President of Tiltware. So, I work with Ray (Ray Bitar, CEO of Tiltware) on all the major day-to-day decision making with respectto software, and marketing. We do not own the operator.

JC: I have heard you talk about all the things you have going on outside of poker. I assume being the President of Tiltware is the most demanding.

HL: Yes. That is the big commitment. I certainly have the DVDs, and some TV commentary here and there, but I wouldn't consider that terribly distracting. Trying to run a software company takes a lot of energy.

JC: Do you feel that it has affected your play?

HL: Oh it has. 100%. I don't play at my best right now. I do the best I can when I play, which is quite a bit, but only in tournaments. I don't play sidegames. I have too much respect for the great, great players that play in the big side games for me to think that I can compete with them when I have so many other things on my plate.

Since I've been President of Tiltware, I'd guess I've won two tournaments. I've had a lot of fun in the big ones, but I am not satisfied with those results. I would like to do better. I can still play some pretty good poker when I put my mind to it, it's just that I don't have as much time as I would like to do so.